Friday, July 15, 2005

So ... did you buy the rental insurance


My brother tells me this is a rental car he was driving.

Here's his account of the situation:

I was driving in the passing lane on the highway, which means there were other cars I was passing. One of them decided to pass cars too. He tried to merge into my lane where I was currently... driving, being, minding my own business. Anyway, I slammed on my brakes and veered off the left side of the road since, as I said, I was passing cars which were on my right. The car seemed to know something I didn't. It swerved across the right lane -- sideways -- and into the ditch, where it skidded on it's side. If you look close, there are some red marks behind the back door. Those are raspberry stains. It slid over some helpless raspberry bushes. I hope I'm not charged with any sort of crime.
We discovered that about an hour before my 3 p.m. date with the ditch at the 48 mile marker, I 181, Kristen had been doing her daily devotions. She'd prayed for our safety on the roads. Now we both wish she'd been more specific -- no accidents of any kind! I don't know if I'm covered or if I'll be paying Enterprise for the next 20 years. But I'm still thankful that I missed the line of cars in the right-hand lane.
Oh... No scratches, bumps or bruises. In fact, I had a sore back before the accident. Now it's great!

So ... really ... I haven't had a day THIS bad:

Was feeling very weary about the going-t0-the-gym-after-work routine, and had some good encouragement from a friend last night. It IS worth it ... even if I don't see the results I'd like. (at least I can consistently open my own jelly jars!)

I was reading in Exodus 17, about the battle with the Amalekites, where Israel was helped by God to win, as long as Moses held his hands in the air. When he got tired, Aaron and Hur brought him a rock to sit on, and held his hands up. There is so much to be thankful for about those in leadership ... who bear the burden of "holding up their hands" ... of continual responsibility ... while we fight the battle in the trenches. It's a reminder to me of the importance of praying for those in leadership ... I can help hold up their hands when they're weary.

Trinka

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Little Brother was verylucky.
Certainly could have been a disaster.

Trinka said...

Hmmm Anonymous knows it's my younger brother ... veeeerrrry interesting .... :)