Monday, July 25, 2005

kinda like driving in England

I'm awash with relief at having Sunday's class done and over with. I was asked to co-teach a class on marriage & singleness yesterday. (I did the singleness part, obviously!)

I felt prepared, and was able to stick to my notes without burying my face in them (which is a hard balance for me to strike.) It was a blessing for me to renew my thinking on God's goodness to me as well!

I was thinking of an illustration for how it felt to speak ... I've never been paralyzed in fear at the idea as so many people are. Neither do I find it totally comfortable. It's more a matter that if I'm well prepared, I can do it, but it's never really been "natural" for me.

It reminds me of driving in England. I did it (though D. did far more!). I knew I COULD do it, and that if I kept doing it, it would become more natural over there on the left side of the street. But it certainly required a lot of concentration, and I was worn out when it was done!

Slept all afternoon yesterday when I got home!

Tomorrow afternoon there's an open house at a new gym that's starting right near where I work. Feel slightly guilty spending money on it ... yet the convenience of being able to work out before work in the mornings has a real draw to it. Maybe I'll walk in and hate the place, and my mind will be made up for me!

Trinka

No comments: