Wednesday, July 13, 2005

remembering for at least a month!

No exercise happened yesterday, but I did have a lovely evening at the Petra exhibit at Calvin College with a lady from church. It was a nice break!

The teens were here at church this morning meeting to go to an amusement park. They saw the letters on my car and knew immediately what they were for. I've got all manner of names, initials and little notes scattered around it now. Fun stuff!

I was reading in Exodus, and the Jews were in the wilderness, complaining that they were hungry, and that they would have been better off in Egypt.

This was, mind you, only a month after their experience at the red sea! We forget so soon what God is capable of! (me too, I confess it).

Yet, a generation later, when Joshua was camped outside Jericho, and Rahab the harlot helped the spies, remember what her reason was? The people remembered what God had done at the Red Sea, and were afraid to oppose Him.

He was so gentle in feeding the people with manna, even when they were complaining, longing after their slavery, and forgetting Him. I'm thankful He's patient with me, because I do these things too.

No comments: