Tuesday, August 09, 2005

who, me?

Went to my condo board meeting last night. I'm not ON the board, but I wanted to ask about the idea of using an un-used room for cardio equipment.

I happened to be in the line-of-sight when they were discussing nominations for next year's board election, and they put my name on the list.

It seems weird to be asked to do such things. However, I think some younger, more flexibile opinions on this particular board wouldn't do any harm. :)

Evidenced by the response to my question last night.
"oh, we can't put exercise equipment in that room. We might want to sit in there, or play cards."

I've lived here for two years, and have yet to see anyone enter that room. But you never know, someone MIGHT want to play cards in there SOME DAY. :)

I've been blessed looking through a list of Scriptures that a friend compiled to help those struggling with an addiction. It's amazing how they apply to my situation re: diet and exercise as well. We've all got SOMETHING that we're tempted to set up as an idol ... and God wants to throw it down, so we're solely His.

It was a real treat - as I walked out to my car at the gym last night, the thought came, "this feels really good." After exercising for 45 minutes? Now THAT's unusual. :) Feeling pretty sore today. It's a good kind of sore, I suppose.

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

That's funny! Condo livin' . . .

I've come to appreciate having the strength in my body to actually be able to do some things. Once that kind of freedom is experienced, I don't know that I'd ever want to go back to the other way, for sure.