Friday, August 12, 2005

life still offers a test every now and then




There was a contest in the newspaper for the tackiest room. Immediately our church's downstairs ladies' room came to mind. What do you think? You just don't SEE robin's egg blue and lime green wallboard anymore these days. :)

Went out for dinner last night with one of the elders & his wife, and another single lady, to discuss starting some kind of singles' program at church.

It was a lovely visit ... I really enjoyed it.

I went in, knowing I had only 500 calories left for the day, and determined to stay within that number. (I love eating out, and tend to always want to try new, fattening things at restaraunts.)

I worked hard to pick out a hawaiian chicken salad thing ... all fruit & vegetables, and grilled chicken.

It was an effort, but I avoided all the cheese/butter/chocolate options!

Then, the man who was treating said, "no, you should get a dinner instead."

Eeek! back to square one!

I know he was saying that, out of consideration that I not choose a cheap entree for his sake.

But now ... a whole new menu page to evaluate!

But what a blessing ... I found a broiled fish thing, that was still reasonable calorie-wise (though not price-wise ... sorry Mr. A) ...

My natural inclination would be to say, "oh well ... can't have my healthy thing ... gotta choose something deep-fried NOW).

Gotta keep working those "make the right choice in this situation" muscles. :)

1 comment:

Carol L said...

I think the robin's egg blue and lime green is especialy effective combined the way it is with that other pinkish-beige wall not covered in that oh, so eye-catching (fetching too, lol) wall board! And such lovely furnishings and accessories too! My! Does my vote count even though I'm all the way out here in California??? :D :D :D

Thanks be to God who strengthened you in your resolve (hats off to you too) in sticking to your guns in a situation where it can be more than a little tempting to throw caution to the wind!