Wednesday, August 24, 2005

car shopping ...

I've been doing a lot of it.

It's amazing how easily your "this is what I want to spend" amount creeps up!

They're sneaky, these car folks! :)

Then there are the web sites where you can pick your color, and it shows you the picture that changes as you do ... they're sly ones. "OK ... now show me the aqua one with the tan interior ... now the gold one ... OK, with the black interior ..." Grrrrrr!

The lure of 60 mpg makes the hybrids look SOOOOOO nice. But ... really ... I'd have to save a LOT of gas to make it worth spending double my budget.

Gotta get that thar perspective in line!

And it's important to remember that God has kept my car running (contrary to all reason, considering the mileage) quite well so far!

Those little Ions are cute ... too.

NO. GIRL.

GET BACK TO WORK!

SHUT THE WEB SITE DOWN AND BACK AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

lol...

Toyota Echos are good on mileage and not all that high a sticker price.

Are you going new or used?

Trinka said...

I started out looking at used, but I've been considering new too.

Used, I can get 5% interest through my credit union.

New I can get .9% from the car dealer. So used & new end up being about the same price.

Plus I get the GM employee discount on GMs or Saturns, which also brings their prices down.

It's all so bloomin' confusing. Adding to it, the fact that borrowing money is NOT something I'm overly thrilled about! But neither is being stranded by a dead car, with no one to help me!

Anonymous said...

I know where you can pick up a silver Toyota Echo for a good price. From the passenger side, it looks great.

Trinka said...

Yes ... I believe I might have a picture of that echo somewhere earlier on the blog.

No thanks little brother ... I'd prefer to put the dents in MYSELF. :)

Carol L said...

lol...

I recently bought my friend's '97 Saturn. It's been great so far - even with 190,000 miles on it. I had my mechanic friend do a full tune up on it, and he said his experience with the cars indicates the Saturns are good cars to own.

I don't know if this adds to or diminishes the confusion but I actually like many of the features about my Saturn, and I am enjoying being a Saturn owner/driver. All the comments I've heard about Saturn through the years have all been favorable. I understand, too, that Saturn's warranties are outstanding!

Blessed regards,
Carol :)

Anonymous said...

I got to that point, too. I went through 4 older Hondas, getting the use out of the end of their lives...

Then God blessed me with a newer car, but I had to go borrow the money to do so.

Now I have a nice car, paid off, no stranded episodes! (Of course, I use it less and less with the bicycle transportation!)

In the end, let God bless you. I was scared to death, but God worked a miracle and I got a used 1994 Isuzu Trooper, worth over $10,000 for a mere $2500 loan. God is good.

Oh yeah, knowing what I know about cars... no GM, no Ford.... Keep with the Honda! According to the auctions, dealers, and mechanics alike, the Honda is the only car that keeps up its value... even as they get older. And they last! You can drive them into the ground!