Wednesday, August 17, 2005

this exercise thing ...

the scheduling of it is wearisome. I went to a surprise birthday party yesterday (happy Birthday Donna!) ... but it started at 6:30 ... didn't exercise before, too late to exercise after, so I go to sleep feeling like a lump.

Now today, it's fight to squeeze it in before prayer meeting or it's too late again afterwards.

I sometimes feel like the only way to do it "right" is to give up everything else.

I always hear heavy people say, "I just don't have time to exercise." Well ... somehow, we've gotta FIND time. But the day-to-day finding can be a real frustration!

So ... what about the two Bible studies this coming fall ... give them up to keep my little program going? Don't really like THAT idea either. But I've already got prayer meeting Wednesdays ... if I commit to Monday and Thursday nights too, that pretty much shoots the week.

Skinny folks make it look so easy!

Trinka, with the confused schedule

2 comments:

Carol L said...

The steps of a good [wo]man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in [her] way, Psalm 37:23

Carol L said...

Oh, and how could I forget this one?

Commit your works to the LORD, and your thoughts shall be established, Proverbs 16:3.

I like how the Amplified handles that verse too:

Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.