Friday, August 19, 2005

methinks some psychology is at work here

and NOT in my favor.

Last Friday, gas was $2.67. I said, "you've got to be kidding me. I ain't payin' that. I'll wait until the weekend is over, and it will be cheaper. I'll show THEM.

This week, Wednesday, I finally gave up and paid $2.79.

Today, Friday again, I saw gas for $2.69, and though. Wow! That's cheap! I gotta fill up before the weekend!

Sick. It's just sick! Looked at a used Honda Insight online this week, and thought, "hmmmmm ... that's an idea...." :)

(wanna know something funny? I had to come back and edit this because I'd typed those gas prices initially as 1.67/1.79/1.69 ... living in a dream world, this girl is)

I was reading in Numbers again this morning, and noticed a long passage about the Kohathites, and what they could and couldn't do with the Levites in the tabernacle. It seems like there's some history there that I'm not catching. Hoping to look into it & figure it out. I'm wondering if it's related to Korah & his rebellion... but the names aren't quite close enough to make me sure of it. My puzzle for the weekend ... :)

Got to the gym last night. And this morning, when I did that squinty-eyed, wake-up stretch, noticed that there's some serious muscle appearing in my arms. Cool! I'm not interested in becoming Miss Muscle-woman ... but I do know that with muscle comes metabolism. Plus it's kinda nice to be able to shove my own furniture where it needs to go. :)


I'm so far behind at work here that it's not even funny. Yesterday at 4:50, I was doing stuff I usually have finished by 3:00. And now I've just arrived to piles of stuff that won't ever get done today. And I told the youth pastor I'd run to Meijers and pick up pop for an activity tonight.

Grrrrr ... hence the reason I'm not posting anything more than this today! :)

Trinka

No comments: