Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What a nice break ...


Mel Trotter Mission, in downtown Grand Rapids, has a luncheon for church secretaries every year.

It's one of those places that's done so much good for the kingdom of God, for so many years, that you love meeting people associated with it.

The mission is 106 years old, and has residential drug & alcohol treatment programs for both men and women. (with an 85% long-term success rate!). They have overnight housing for homeless people, and meals as well.

They also have some kind of training program happening in their kitchen ... the food was wonderful, and also just beautifully presented. They really made it special for us.

It was a blessing to get away for a while, and also to meet some other people who do the same job I do.

I got out for a walk last night, and hope to get to the gym tonight.

I started a study of Ruth last night, and am having a great time. A friend does a lot of teaching, and I asked her to set me up with something challenging and hold me accountable to it ... this certainly fits the bill! One thing I noticed this morning that I hope to pursue is how the theme of famine/hunger/thirst/harvest seems to run throughout. More to come on this (hopefully) as things progress!

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Looking forward to that!

Awesome about the luncheon!