Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the most beautiful place I've ever been

It's even lovelier when you look at it right-side up. :)

This is the stream out behind what used to be Mary Jones' house. If you haven't read the story of Mary Jones & her Bible, you are missing out!

The link speaks of this as a "legend" ... but it's definately not. I was in Bala, and visited different places mentioned in the book; I saw Mary's parents' graves, visited this beautiful spot where their home stood, and drove over the pass she walked to get her Bible. If you can get your hands on a copy of the book (probably long out of print), it's worth having!

I was scanning old negatives tonight, and came to these from our time in Wales, and thought ... now THAT was a beautiful spot. Thought I'd share it.

Now ... if I could just figure out why they're suddenty scanning in upside down ... :)

Trinka

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures upside down?
Pull out the plug - turn over - reinsert plug.

Trinka said...

Would that be the plug into the electricity, or the usb cable into the computer? :)

Most of them are right-side up. I just got one strip of negatives loaded upside down. :)

Bill & Glory said...

And I thought I was looking at the trees reflection in the water...interesting.

The book sounds pretty cool, too. Maybe I'll look for it on ebay. Although I have placed myself on restriction for ebay browsing. A necessary discipline, to be sure.

Glory

Carol L said...

LOL!