Wednesday, May 10, 2006

lilacs!

The lilacs are out - right on schedule for Mothers' Day.

They seem unusally full and beautiful this year. I know they blossom better every-other year ... but they are just amazing this year.

They are the ideal flower for my lifestyle - thriving on that perfect combination of sunshine and neglect. :)

This bush was going above and beyond the others, and I drive past it every day on my way to work. I thought it needed its picture taken today. I've never been to Mackinac Island for the lilac festival - I usually avoid any event that brings in bus-loads of foreign tourists. But this year might be the one to make an exception!

I spent some time hitting a racquetball around last night before going downstairs to lift weights. Thwacking that ball really is a terrific stress-reducer. :) As I left to go home, I found myself thinking, "what a pleasant afternoon," this kind of thinking is fairly new to me, and I marvel at it when it happens.

Monday night, I went and helped a couple from church set up a blog. He has had on-going serious lung problems, and was just diagnosed with small cell lung cancer. He started chemo yesterday, and they wanted a blog to post updates on his progress. If you'd like to pray for them, and send a little encouragement their way, their blog is here. Ken and Judy have been a tremendous blessing in my life ever since I met them almost 15 years ago.

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

When I first clicked on and saw that picture, my heart just leapt! I LOVE lilacs!!! And that bush you photographed is spectacular!

I don't think they grow well here, though. I don't remember seeing any around these parts.

God is always doing new things. He's clearly doing new things in you, in your life! I rejoice with you!

I'll definitely check out your friends' blog.

Love you,
Carol :)