Monday, October 03, 2005

which is worse?

I didn't get any exercise yesterday, and it appears none will be coming today, as both days were/are packed to the brim. But I did walk 5 miles or so Saturday, and I'm hoping it will compensate at least somewhat!

I drove up near Cadillac to pick up a friend Sunday afternoon. The trees were starting to change up there, and it was just beautiful.

I was listening to a series of sermons on Romans, and it was a blessing. The one that was playing this morning was talking about the difference between ungodliness and unrighteousness.

If we were to ask people what sins are "worst" ...what would they say?

Almost universally, they (I) would focus first on things that injur others .... then on crimes related to property, etc.

However, that isn't God's order at all!

The first and greatest command is to love the Lord with all the heart, soul, mind and strength.

Hmmm ... wouldn't that mean that violating this command is the greatest sin?

Good for me to remember that God's priorities are different than my own ... that no matter how much I think I'm a "good person" ... because I don't do ___________ ... He knows that I violate this greatest commandment ALL THE TIME.

Still needing to be changed!
Trinka

No comments: