Tuesday, October 25, 2005

my gets-paid-for-HIS-writing brother ...

who hasn't bothered to create a blog HIMSELF, wrote me this morning to ask why I haven't been updating mine.

So here I am. :)

It's a fairly busy season at work, so I'm not getting here as often as I planned.

Due to the ladies' Bible study, I didn't get any exercising done yesterday except pilates. I am trying to re-create that habit, though, so it was good to get it in.

Tonight I plan to get myself to the gym. I bought myself a walkman CD player, and am looking forward to trying it out.

For last night's study, I was doing some reading on the blessings God brings through dark times.

Isaiah 45:
2 "I will go before you and make the rough places smooth; I will shatter the doors of bronze and cut through their iron bars.
3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

There are things we learn in the darkness that we can't learn anywhere else. And when we find these things hidden in times of sorrow, we KNOW it's got to be from God ... that He is in it.

When Israel was wandering in the wilderness, we see that He gave them a pillar of fire to lead them in the night:

Ex 13:21 The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.

He didn't leave them in the dark without help ... He showed Himself strong to them, and to the outside world that was watching ... this totally un-natural guidance in dark times was a strong proof to them of God's intervention in His people's lives.

A few other Scriptures that have blessed me as I've considered this:

Da 2:22 "It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him.

The Lord gives songs in the night:

Ps 42:8 The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.

Isa 42:16 "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone."

Ps 91:5 You will not be afraid of the terror by night, Or of the arrow that flies by day;
He reassured them of His love for them, and at the same time, struck terror into the hearts of their enemies, by providing unnatural light and guidance in the night.

Isa 26:9 At night my soul longs for You, Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently; For when the earth experiences Your judgments The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Ps 130:6 My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning.

Ps 63:6 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder that the light is there. Rachel