Wednesday, November 28, 2007

poor wounded Ion





I went to the body shop to look at the car and snap a few pictures.

I was surprised - it doesn't look nearly as bad in daylight, without police lights flashing on it. In fact, the lights aren't even broken.

Interesting that you can see the outline of the other car's tire on the front bumper!

I was turning right, and then realized at the last minute that I needed to go straight. I turned off my blinker and kept going, and the lady who was coming from the other street, thinking I was turning, pulled out in front of me to make a left turn.

I squished her, or she squished me, or maybe both.

She was at fault on the police report, but thankfully didn't get a ticket.

Things to be thankful to God for about this:

* it didn't happen in any of the far-from-home places I've been in the past few days
* nobody was hurt
* the other driver was very pleasant, as was the police officer. Our stories all agreed, and everyone was civil ... even kind ... to one another
* it was still light - our cars were at the end of a curve, and after dark, would have been hard to see in time for other traffic to stop
* because the police report did not list me as being at fault, none of it will cost me a dime ... even my rental car is paid for
* it happened to damage my car in the same area where I had gotten a scratch on the bumper from a parking lot, so that will be fixed in the process
* T. was riding with me, and her level-headedness, and sense of humor, made the whole thing much easier to deal with
*the officer was willing to use her discretion and not give the other lady a ticket
* T.'s friend lived nearby and was willing to give me a ride home (about a half hour away)
* my boss was willing to pick me up for work this morning

So, while I have a sore neck and shoulders, and am somewhat inconvenienced, there were a great many blessings in the whole thing.

1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Any updates on the situation?