Thursday, November 08, 2007

trying to break my talk radio habit

For the last week or two, I've been trying to listen to music at work instead of talk radio. It's been helpful in lowering the stress levels a bit (though I'm starting to feel woefully out of touch ... who IS the president right now?)

However, for the last two days, both music stations I enjoy are running money-raising campaigns.

So I have the options of:

* Feeling guilty because I listen to WCSG and am not sending them any money

* Or I can feel MORE guilty that I'm listening to WGNB and not sponsoring a child through Compassion International. They keep describing the pictures of the kids, and breaking my heart into bits!

UGH!

There are so many needs in ministries and individuals who are directly involved in my life, that I can't send checks to much that's beyond that radius. I wish I'd just hurry up & win that bloomin' Publishers' Clearinghouse I enter every morning, so I can do EVERYTHING I want to do!

Trinka

No comments: