Friday, November 02, 2007

blitz!


A couple from church invited me over for dinner last night, and it was such a nice evening. She's a wonderful cook, and just walking into their house and sniffing was amazing.

But, after dinner, she asked if we wanted to play games.

And out came ...

BLITZ cards!

Oh, I do love that game! And it's so rare to find anyone who plays it.

I've really got to buy myself a deck of those cards!

I feel the same way about Rook - there's nothing like walking into someone's home and seeing a deck of those familiar bird-cards on someone's bookshelf.

It's funny how games we played at pleasant times in our life carry those pleasant memories along with them. I learned to play Blitz when I was a camp counselor, and it carries with it memories of warm summer evenings, with rain pounding on a metal roof, and happy teenagers gathered around tables under fluorescent lights, in the dining hall high on the hill. :)

Off to search for "Dutch Blitz" on Froogle after I post this!

2 comments:

Kim S in SC said...

Nothing better than a good game with good people. Hope you find your game on Froogle!

Kim

Clifford Jeffery said...

If you find it please bring it with you!!!