Thursday, March 30, 2006

still out here ...

I'm entering a busy season at work as we get ready for Easter, as well as some baptisms that will be happening that same Sunday.

Then there's the "taking care of things that happened while I was away" busy-ness combined with the "preparing for things that will happen while I'm gone next week" busy-ness."

Anyhow ... all that is to say, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. :)

I've been getting some good walks in, but avoiding the gym as I messed up my neck and back hauling my laptop around last weekend. It's getting a bit better, but I want it a LOT better before I take off next week, hauling my laptop around. :) (This time ... the backpack is going on BOTH shoulders, no matter how much I hate taking the time to do it!)

Someone suggestsed yesterday that I do some writing about singleness. It's certainly a topic that God has dealt with me about. One of my goals for this week away is to come up with an outline I'm pleased with, and maybe an introduction. Whether I'd ever go through the misery of looking for a publisher ... that's another story ... but I would enjoy the writing either way! I've also got a booklet that a friend wants me to edit, so I'll take that along. Travel combined with some interesting projects ... this is nice. :)

Had a great time with my brother & family last weekend. The adorable nieces were great fun! I came home with ... well ... a LOT of pictures. :)

Trinka

3 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

"enjoy the writing" I'm not sure I can relate.

Carol L said...

There are publishers out there who are more ministry-minded than sales-minded who'll print material for people who aren't being groomed necessarily to be famous authors but who simply have something on their hearts to share with whosoever will read the works. Either way you go, you'll either have to come up with someone to sponsor your work with a promise of a portion of the proceeds, or you'll have to fund it yourself. Perhaps the more ministry-minded publisher will agree to accepting payment in portions rather than demanding the whole shabang up front? And regarding this, if it's a work that God intends for you, He'll provide the resources needed to see it through, get it done, and get it out there.

And it doesn't have to be a painful process to publish a book - unless, of course, it's a 1 Peter 1:6 thing where God wants to work something out of and into your life, and then it's an opportunity for your faith to be tried and found to praise, and honor, and glory at Christ's appearing! :D

Love ya,
Carol :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! For your upper torso: gentle stretches, several times a day.