Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Carpet Cleaner for Carol

Just for you today. :)

My realtor recommended cleaning the carpets in my condo with ammonia, and it did an amazing job.

I have a carpet shampooer that I got at a garage sale - it looks like an upright vacuum cleaner, and has brushes that rotate on the bottom.

She said to fill the shampoo-measuring cup with ammonia (using the same measurement that it gives for the shampoo).

You use non-sudsy ammonia (any scent).

No need to rinse after using it - it evaporates out.

The house will smell like ammonia until it dries, but after that, the scent is gone. It made my ratty old carpet look almost like new - the only sign of its age is that it's beaten down, and worn in places ... but all the stains came out.

End of household hint. :)

Got to the gym last night, and have been enjoying reading Psalm 37 in the mornings.

I was especially enjoying the idea of the dual meaning in verse 3 - - "Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness" can also be translated "... feed on His faithfulness."

Those two ideas being expressed interest me. A writer will often use words with dual meanings, and intend for their audience to consider both, I'm thinking this dual meaning was intended to be considered here.

The only way I can "cultivate faithfulness" in my own life is to "feed on HIS faithfulness." ... just like the only way I can truly "do good" is when I'm "trust[ing] in the Lord." He's the source of it all ... my ability to do anything for others comes from Him, any faithfulness and stability I have ... also a gift from God. He is the epitome of faithfulness, and there's enough there to feast a hungry heart forever!

Trinka

3 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Did you get any of that snow?
It turned cold here Monday, down to about 30 at night, 55 at noon. Brrr.

Trinka said...

Some snow, but more wind ... it was blowing SO hard, and terribly cold. I think maybe the residue of those terrible storms in Missouri.

It was in the mid 60's over the weekend - we were all outside in shorts and short-sleeved shirts, overwhelmed with spring-giddies. :)

Carol L said...

Goody! A post just for meeeee!!!

So you use it straight then? No diluting???

And regarding His faithfulness and cultivating it, yes! Amen!!!