Thursday, March 09, 2006

just some blessings from this week ...

The new office hours are working great! I'm finding it gives me more time at lunch to run errands (an hour instead of 45 minutes), and the extra hour at night is proving to be a huge help.

This week I've had something planned every evening. In the past, that's made my life a walking nightmare. But this week, I've been able to enjoy the things on my calendar, rather than sitting through them immersed in guilt because they pre-empted exercise that day.

So ... thumbs-up to the new schedule! I'm also accomplishing so much more at work, because I have an extra hour in the morning when I'm sharp, and the phone isn't ringing. It's a winner all the way around!

Blessing number 2 - and it's a silly one!

You know the story of Elisha and the widow, where she and her son were about to starve, and the Lord multiplied the oil and the flour, so they had enough to eat, and more to sell?

Well, I'm half-convinced I've got a gallon of milk with the Lord's blessing upon it. The expiration date was March 1, and as of this morning, it was still sweet. There's a dairy farm near my mom's that sells their own milk, and I think I'm going to be buying more, if this is typical. :) I always end up throwing out the last 1/4 of a gallon, and this one is almost gone.

Exercise is going well - I'm still loving that eyetoy game. I had a couple of college students over Tuesday night to play it, and we had a great time. Reading ... I've been in Deuteronomy in the evenings, but don't have anything much to report.

TJ

No comments: