Monday, March 20, 2006

random gym thoughts

While lifting weights, there's just nothing much to watch, except the other people lifting weights.

Which leads me to notice things that I otherwise might not!

For instance, fascinating person #1 was a thin, healthy-looking lady ... healthy looking except that you could see all the blood vessels in her arms on top of the muscles. It was strangely fascinating, but not in a "I'd like to be able to see my insides through my skin" kind of way. While I would love to be thin and healthy-looking ... if any of my insides start being visible through my skin? I'm outa here and looking for a milkshake.

Fascinating person #2 was a white (very white ... almost clear) fellow with Chinese characters tattooed on his chest. This begs the obvious (to ME) question ... why would you invest pain, money, and your own skin, to display text very few can read? Does he want people to ask him,

"excuse me sweaty young fellow, but what does your chest say?"

Nope. Don't think that will be happening.

OK ... enough frivolity. :)

Looking forward to a visit with my brother, sister-in-law and their girls this weekend in Tennessee (where I dearly hope it will be warm ... like even over 60? Maybe?) My mom, in theory, is coming along. She does have a tendency to back out at the last minute, so I have some good audiobooks for company, just in case.

Trinka

2 comments:

Carol L said...

Ew! :p

Yet another very stark reminder why I DON'T do gyms!

Have an awesome weekend with your family, eh?

Love ya,
Carol :)

Clifford Jeffery said...

We had snow in Tennessee yesterday. There is a story about a guy who paid a tattooist to write something macho on his arm in Chinese, something like "my sexual prowess is matched only by the girth of my biceps" A couple years later, while visiting with a Chinese couple, he was informed the tattoo read something more like "I love fellows with big biceps."
Ask your step-brother if he regrets the basketball with the Nike swish yet.