Thursday, September 01, 2005

terrible, awful, really-bad day

one of those days that you just want to unplug the phone and go hide in a closet with a bag of chocolate, and sneak out only when promised a long neck massage.

However, neither chocolates nor the neck massage is going to happen, so I'd better pull myself together.

We had a tragic accident happen last Tuesday involving one of our families. Some are hospitalized, and one is with the Lord, and the funeral will be next Tuesday.

Which, coincidentally, is the last day of the long weekend when I've planned to be away at my dad's.

I have a substitute working for me that day.

But she doesn't want to miss the funeral.

My job is being a support person, filling in the gaps behind the scenes during things like funerals.

Feeling so frustrated, and irritated, and just wanting to bag it, and stay here so things are done right, but at the same time, there are those already-paid-for plane tickets.

tired, tired, tired!!!!

no exercise yesterday ... crises-related phone calls all day, afternoon & evening, then prayer meeting. Maybe no exercise today, if I can talk T. into a Taco Bell and a nice long visit. She's practical, used to dealing with difficult people, and will help me get my attitude back into a more spiritual condition.

me

2 comments:

Je t'aime said...

Yeah, the chocolates and hiding are my first impulse too. Ever wonder why we have to go through such times?

I bet your friend who will be subbing may be having a hard time dealing with things. You may just be stronger than her.

Hope you have a great time with your father and your Father.

Carol L said...

Hugs and prayers for you...

Love you,
Carol :)