Monday, September 19, 2005

the vacation cometh

Looking forward to a few days off over this weekend - I'm taking off Thursday - Tuesday. Planning on some home-improvement projects, and having a few people over for brunch one day.

Saturday our local roller rink had free skating in the afternoon. I went with a family from church, and had a ball! It's the kind of thing I don't think to do on my own, but really enjoyed it. Though I do wish people would get the idea of the "new skaters on the outside" thing. It seems like I was always fighting to avoid squishing some poor little one who'd fallen in front of me!

Also got in a walk Saturday, and another Sunday. And moved furniture on top of that. I tried switching where my dining room and office were - I kinda like it because now I can look out the slider from my desk. When the days start to get shorter, I want to capture as much light as I can.

I've been reading in 1 Peter, preparing for tonight's ladies' Bible study.

One of the fellows I read had some great thoughts on the idea of election/free will - very balanced, which I like!

Haven't heard back from the Saturn salesman. I'm thinking that most salespeople prefer phone or face to face. I, on the other hand, am VERY fond of e-mail. :) That's OK ... it gives me more time to think.

This car issue definately proves to me that I have two distinct personalities - one a.m. and one p.m.

In the morning, I'm optimistic and liberal - "sure I want to buy that car. The money will work out. It will be great!"

At night, I'm pessimistic and conservative - "nope ... too much money ... make do with what you've got. don't risk it!"

Now, if I can just decide which time of day to MAKE the decision, I'll do well!

Trinka

3 comments:

Bill & Glory said...

Vacation sounds so nice. We just had one while I went to Ladies Retreat, then to a friend's timeshare closeby, then Bill to Mens Retreat. It went by so quickly but it was all good.

I hope your time is productive but not overly so. That's the stinker about at-home vacations is they aren't very restful.

Glory

Anonymous said...

noon

Trinka said...

Actually Howard ... you're right.

I ordered the car today at noon. :)

Trinka