Wednesday, September 28, 2005

back to work

Today is my first day back.

Statistics about my days off:

# of trips to the gym: 2
# of days without exercise: none!
# of things crossed off my "to-do list": none :( Not so thrilled about that last one!

However, quite a few unexpected things came up that required large chunks of time, and the days off allowed that, so it was a blessing.

I bought a new Saturn and sold my Cavalier ... which required considerable running here & there for several days. The price came through at less than he had quoted me, and I discovered that full coverage on this car is nearly the same price that PLPD was on the old one ... what a blessing! Hope to snap a picture of myself with the new car, and post it some time soon.

I had the pastor-candidate and his wife over for brunch, and that took a lot of time in the preparation stage. (I always choose to have people for brunch, under the assumption that I can't ruin it ... proved THAT one wrong!). :)

I was reading in Lev. 21, and thinking about the criteria for the high priest's wife.
10 ‘The priest who is the highest among his brothers, on whose head the anointing oil has been poured and who has been consecrated to wear the garments ...
13 ‘He shall take a wife in her virginity.
14 ‘A widow, or a divorced woman, or one who is profaned by harlotry, these he may not take; but rather he is to marry a virgin of his own people,
15 so that he will not profane his offspring among his people; for I am the LORD who sanctifies him.’"

The Lord Jesus is our "great high priest." And the church is considered His bride. Yet we constantly turn aside to other lovers, and were anything BUT virgins when He chose us.

Yet He creates that IN us, even though it's not there to begin with!

Trinka

No comments: