Friday, September 30, 2005

on being critical

I got in a quick walk last night, but due to an oofy-stomach, didn't pursue it too far!

However, since eating hasn't been appealing, I've dropped weight, so I won't complain too strenuously.

I was reading in 1 Peter 1 this morning,

22 Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,
23 for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

We're to love one another with sincerity, fervency, and from a pure heart (as it says in the KJV).

It's a good reminder to me, as I see a tendency toward being critical ... and this is NOT the person I want to be! I may have said it here before, but I was struck by the idea (which I read somewhere ... can't remember where) that being critical is really slaping God's face. When I criticize another Christian, I'm saying that God hasn't worked in their life in the way I think best. That's a little silly, isn't it? Yet it's a perspective that's all-too-easy to fall into!

He's God. I'm not. Need to keep that in mind!

Going up north to pick up a friend Sunday. It's supposed to be a beautiful day for a drive, and I'm still in the honeymoon phase with that new car, so I'm looking forward to it!

Trinka
Trinka

No comments: