Sunday, September 05, 2010

the white cat love bomb

You may ask, "Trinka, why are you awake at 4:45 on a Sunday morning?"

This would be an excellent question.

I have discovered a method of persuasion more powerful than any I have heretofore experienced.

The white cat? SHE is a manipulator of the highest order.

The white cat KNOWS that she gets fed first thing in the morning. And in order to be fed, someone with thumbs must be vertical, and moving about the house.

Now the inelegant solution would be to whine, and pitch a fit. But the white cat? She is WAY smarter than that.

About 4:00, white cat unleashes the greatest display of affection one has ever seen. She loves, Loves, LOVES me. She needs to display that affection ... NOW.

She purrs, she demands to be petted, she looks deeply into my (closed) eyes, from 2 inches away. Then she starts it over again.

THIS is an excellent strategy. How can you be irritated by this much affection? Now, that I'm awake, and the food dish has been filled ... white cat is nowhere to be found. But I'm awake, and trying to decide whether to go for coffee, or a nap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch out though. I had a cat that did that and if I didn't wake up quick enough then she would sit on my chest and start licking my face. Not pleasant.

Ria

Clifford Jeffery said...

Maybe you could change her name to Love Bomb!