Saturday, September 18, 2010

The two hour headband.

 
Posted by Picasa

Today we learned to sew the headbands from scratch. The little white sticks are tiny rolls of paper, and the pattern is half woven, half-sewn around them. Getting it even, and neat is a real trick, but I enjoyed the process. You're looking at my third or fourth try. :)

Had a compliment that blessed me - one of the other ladies in the class said she appreciated that I didn't get discouraged and mopey when I had to keep ripping out things and re-doing them again and again and again and again ...

I guess, if nothing else, you can always serve as an example of how to deal with failure. :)

I've been thinking today about Psalm 18. God's gentleness makes us great. Interesting, isn't it? We don't think often about gentleness being associated with greatness, do we? But in God's definition, it is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very neat. I shared your blog with my crafty friend. This looks like something she should try. Thanks for sharing!