Tuesday, September 14, 2010

report on Monday

First thing: I discovered I'm by far the least educated, least experienced, person in the class. Though I'm thankful that the others seem willing to wait for me as I lag behind. :)

There are 7 or 8 students. (the ambiguity not because a person keeps appearing and disappearing, but rather because I can't remember whether the "7" included myself or not). :)

Two are from VERY far away - one lady from Alaska, and another from Hong Kong.

Three are staying in the same hotel I am. This is a blessing for another reason - I discovered parking is $10 per day. GULP!

OK - on to the class.

We sewed the first book, and worked on learning the rounding and backing of the spine. This is what creates the shape you see when you hold a book, spine-up, and look at it from the top or bottom -- almost a mushroom shape, with indents where the covers hinge. I'll be doing this on my first book today.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get the sewing on my first book as tight as it should have been. The teacher said it was borderline, and she'd recommend I go ahead with it. I hate borderline. Hoping to do better with the second one.

Since the computer has been crashing so consistently, I decided to get this post out there while I could, and hopefully follow up with pictures next.

****

Crashed on me right there. Glad I was saving. Grrrr!!!!

I did open a trouble ticket w/HP, and hope they'll have some answers for me. I need to google the problem too, but haven't taken time yet.

One little mercy from God. Another student and I were eating lunch outside a few blocks from the class location, and when we walked back, I was carrying my leftovrs, and ... nothing ELSE. Realized I'd left my purse sitting there, right on the sidewalk in downtown Ann Arbor. idiot!!!

Went tearing back 3 or 4 blocks, and thankfully it was still there, untouched. Yikes!

If anyone wants to google some error codes for me today, here they are:

0000000000000008
0000000080050033
00000000000006F8
FFFFF8000308AEC0

No comments: