Sunday, September 12, 2010

Bookbinding class

For those who find the idea of spending two weeks of one's vacation studying bookbinding dreadfully dull ... I'll warn you that the next series of posts are going to bore you silly. :)

Today we arrived in Ann Arbor, and checked in at Hollanders to put our text blocks in the presses, and put our supplies in the building. Tomorrow morning we'll start at 8:30.

There was a book fair going on next to Hollanders all afternoon -- lots of interesting things to look at. A few that stood out: someone had made spiral bound blank notebooks out of the covers of old books. SUCH a clever idea for a book that wasn't good anymore.

Another lady had made jewelry out of teeny tiny books. SO lovely. I was tempted to take pictures, but since I'm planning to use the ideas, I felt guilty doing so.

Here are a couple pictures of the book fair, and one of the place where the class will be meeting. I meant to take a few shots of the classroom, but I got distracted by actually ... well ... trying to learn stuff. :)


1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Glad you are having fun! I am trying to be excited! =)