Sunday, September 19, 2010

Look, A book!




Today we formed the hollow spine and shaped the pared leather to it. This book will have a partial leather spine, and our second one will be entirely leather covered.

While this one isn't finished yet (it will have paper covering the other part of the cover, leather hinges, and endpapers), it LOOKS like a book. That was exciting! Also, this was the first day of the class where I haven't had to rip out & re-do anything. This felt very good. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Looks good. are you ready for my bible?

Trinka said...

It was suggested that I first grab a couple old Bibles from Goodwill and try mending them.

But ... hey ... if you WANT me to practice on yours ... :)

However, when you consider that decision, you might want to keep in mind that nearly everything I've done so far has taken at least 3 tries before I figured it out. :)