Saturday, May 23, 2009

Well, THAT was an invitation to greater self-discipline

Just woke up from the most horrid dream ...

I dreamed my life had fallen apart, and I was waking up after a drunken binge, lying on a stranger's kitchen floor.

Well ... time to get some work done around this place ... now that I've seen where slothfulness can lead! Yikes!!!!

Had a really interesting evening last night (before the drunken-binge-dream). Some missionaries from our church who serve in Thailand gave a presentation on how Buddhism affects the Thai culture and thinking. It was fascinating, and sad too in some ways. For instance, Buddha forbids people to think about three areas: Where they came from, what happens after death, and one more I can't remember. These are the big questions of life, and the thought of people being forbidden to ponder them saddens me. There was a ton more, but I'd better get busy developing self-discipline now ... lest bad things happen. :)

1 comment:

Rachel L said...

I wanted to go to that talk but I had 5 loads of laundry to do. But I thought about where I came from and where I (and my loved ones) are going, like I often do. It leads me to thank Him for His grace that He even reveals Himself to me. He is worthy!