Monday, December 18, 2006

the weed lady

as soon as I heard the voice on the phone, I KNEW it was her ...

the weed lady

Our church bought the property behind our building - about ten acres with a house, a barn, and a pasture.

Ever since, the weed lady has been calling us.

You see ... the weeds from the pasture blow onto her property.

I know ... I know ... it's hard to imagine how she endures it.

We've started having the pasture mowed several times during the summer, in an effort to placate the weed lady. And we thought we had succeeded.

Until today.

The weed lady called, saying that leaves had blown in her yard from our uncared-for field. She spent a good bit of time talking about her inability to clean up the leaves, and how much it would cost to have the leaves picked up when they WERE bagged, and how irresponsible we were.

I don't get it.

There are no trees in the field ... just grass. As near as I can tell, she wants us to not only mow the pasture, but also rake up all the grass clippings? (ten acres?)

I gave her my most pleasant, sweet voice ... but I've got to wonder, "how does one please a person like this?"

Went for a long, hard walk after work ... the weed lady had me plenty stressed out, and I needed the exercise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking blog. It's funny you should mention the Borg thing with the headset. I've thought the same thing.