Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh goody - a bureaucratic nightmare

Just got done paying my bills, and when I went to enter my bank deposit into M.S. Money, I discovered the teller missed a digit, and entered last week's paycheck as one tenth of the real amount.

Oh. Groan.

I signed the slip. Never looked at it. They never made a mistake before.

WHY couldn't it have gone the other way? It would be so much easier to convince them I had several thousand dollars of THEIR money than it will be to convince them that they have several hundred dollars of MY money. My stomach is already in knots at the thought of tomorrow's phone call!

On a positive note, I had a nice visit today to small-town-where-I-grew-up (Stwigu). I got to go to the church I attended in Jr. High and High School, and then spent an hour or so walking around Stwigu until it was time to go to the family Christmas at my aunt's house. It was interesting to have the time to walk there, and look at all the places I remembered, but hadn't really seen in almost 20 years.

A few observations ... My old church in Stwigu has peacocks wandering around the property. I think this is a good addition. They're pretty things, and I LOVE the sound they make - mournful and startling in a "have you considered where you'll spend eternity" kind of way. :)

The eccentric family still owns the funeral home. (Ever hear someone say, "you'll never see a hearse pulling a U-Haul?" Many of us who grew up in Stwigu HAVE seen a hearse pulling a U-Haul.)

A new addition to their general quirkiness is that now one of them has opened a chiropractic clinic directly across from the funeral home. Everyone in town KNOWS he's a mortician ... so here's the thing ... do you want a mortician cracking your back? Really? Is he used to working on living people? Is he trying to drum up business?

I suppose that's all for now. I need to focus all my energy on worrying that the credit union won't believe me, and will keep my paycheck money. Because, you see, worrying will make ALL the difference in the outcome. ;)

Me

No comments: