Saturday, December 16, 2006

I sing the praises of the bluetooth headset

My phone battery needed to be replaced, and I was eligible for a free phone from Sprint for renewing my contract, so I got that rather than buying a battery. I also picked up a bluetooth headset for it.

The little critter is great! I have never found driving while on the phone to be problematic, until I bought my current car, which has a manual transmission. Steering, holding the phone, AND shifting requires more hands than I possess! This little headset will not only allow me to talk but it will also dial the numbers for me if I speak them ... very clever little thing. If I'd known how handy they are, I'd have gotten one ages ago. Of course I look like the Borg assimilated me, but I'll get used to it.

I had a delightful birthday today - with some productive accomplishment (got my Christmas cards ready to mail, and a Christmas-present-project finished), a nice long nap, and then a dinner out with a couple friends tonight. They took me to Noel - which is a Christmas-themed restaraunt in an old church -- very beautifully decorated, with delicious food.

Then when I got home, I discovered some sweet "happy birthday" posts from the folks on Meet Christians, and also on Bill and Glory's blog.

Exercise is going OK. Contrary to my deepest fears, taking the day off last week did not lead to a catastrophic meltdown. Whew! (I'm glad to see Bill understands this danger! We're all just one Twinkie away from total disaster!) :)

I've been reading about King Saul's gradual decline into disobedience, and eventually madness. Just like the one Twinkie, or the one day without exercise, can start a snowball that destroys months of effort. So can a deadening of our walk with the Lord lead us gradually into decisions and decisions we might never have considered when we were in close communion with Him. Saul had SUCH a promising start. But no amount of promise can make up for a dependence on God.

No comments: