Thursday, December 21, 2006

the avoidance of the grocery store ...

As I went to McDonalds for the umpteenth day in a row to get breakfast on my way to work today, I thought:

"do other people avoid going to the store this time of year?"

I ran out of milk two weeks ago, and, rather than buying more, I've been eating at McDonalds almost every morning.

This is a bad thing ... both for the budget, and the calorie count!

I just hate going into stores around Christmas. It has only been the advent of internet shopping that has allowed me to enjoy the holiday.

But ... really ... people buy milk every day. I should be able to manage. (Particularly since there are 24 hour grocery stores everywhere, and I could do it at 5:00 a.m. when they are relatively empty.)

Time to quit acting like a college-kid and just get it done! (Particularly since I comitted to bringing a salad to Christmas-eve dinner, and I don't have a shred of fresh produce left in the house either!)

Hmmmm ... we'll see ... I suppose I could make a salad from canned fruit and jell-o ... and the McDonalds staff is starting to recognize me now, and it would be a shame to quench budding friendships ... :)

No comments: