Thursday, August 31, 2006

now have a toilet in my Saturn

After a nice dinner with C., who is visiting from Cyprus, T. and I went to Home Depot, and picked up a toilet for her condo. The Home Depot men were nice enough to load it, but it was heavy enough that we weren't interested in UNloading it. It's going to live in the car until T.'s brother comes next weekend. Should have taken a picture, actually!

No exercise happened yesterday - between visiting and toilet installation, I got home pretty late.

Woke up to no electricity this morning - though God woke me up 5 minutes before my alarm would have gone off, for which I was thankful.

I was thinking about Gideon. Israel was under control of the Midianites, and God intended for Gideon to lead them free. Where did God find him? He was threshing grain, in hiding, lest the Midianites steal it. God greeted him by calling him "a mighty man of valor". :) I'm thankful that God sees who He intends us to be, instead of what we are! To further demonstrate Gideon's valorious spirit, when God told him to destroy the town's idol, Gideon did it ... but did it at night, in hopes he wouldn't be seen. Yet God took him, fearful as he was, and used him as Israel's judge and deliverer.

OK - off to work for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pluto’s a planet no more but Jupiter is big and red;
Of that, what more can be said.
But when upon these heavenly bodies I’m facin’
I can’t help but think of a porcelain basin.
In GR there resides
A Saturn with secrets insides
A little green car that I’m told
Hides a brand new commode
It’s too big to unload,
So in the back seat it resides.