Saturday, August 05, 2006

a relationship I need to sever

It’s been three years and two months now that I’ve ignored the problems (mostly).

But the shocking behavior just hasn’t stopped.

I’m constantly offended, and there are no apologies or attempts at reconciliation.

The world’s dirt is dragged into my home, and trapped here, and I find myself living with it for far too long.

Yet … if I stand up for change … will there be anything to fill the empty hole?

Will I live in darkness, and wish for the old unhealthiness to be restored?

Yet I’m ready, now, to take the risk.


This awful bathroom light fixture has GOT to go. It zaps me when I dust it, yet it persistently DRAWS dust to its ugly chains. It doesn't provide much light, yet exhudes ugliness.

It must go. I am resolved.

A friend with considerably more home-improvement experience is coming to visit in two weeks, and I'm prepared to throw myself on her mercy. :)

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Yes, I have one of those two - only I'm a renter and don't have a choice about it. At least the balls aren't bumpy - but they are ruffly at the top.

I so feel your pain. I rejoice as you get ready to cut yourself free of the non-productive, abusive relationship!!!