Wednesday, August 02, 2006

better to just file the passport ...

Last night, while sleeping, I spent the entire 8 hours fighting dream-land beauraucracy.

I had my passport out for something, and before I went to bed, I put it in my "to be filed" pile. (I usually pay bills, and file, on Sunday nights.)

So ... last night while asleep, I found myself at a border ... somewhere ... and after having an interview with some nameless official, I left my passport and wallet behind in his office. I then spent the entire night trying to get them to let me back into the building to retrieve the passport, only to be repeatedly told that I couldn't enter the building without a passport.

Note to self: "File the bloomin' thing before you go to bed tonight!"

I've been reading in Ruth 3, which starts out with Naomi telling Ruth that she should "seek security" for her. Her plan to do this involved Ruth doing the Old Testament equvalent of proposing marriage to Boaz. (interesting precedent ... gotta keep that one in mind). :)

I found the connection between "security" and Ruth doing one of the most risky things imagineable very intriguing.

I've been swimming in the evenings, though last night there were rowdy folks there all night, and I never had opportunity. Hope to get to the gym after work today.

2 comments:

Carol L said...

There should be a disclaimer on that part of Ruth's story: Don't be trying this at home kids!

Trinka said...

What? I was just waiting for the barley harvest ...

:)