Saturday, August 12, 2006

finally tackling this project


I have a very low tolerance for visual clutter (not to say that my house is neat ... I wish it were! ... but too much stuff around is definately a distraction to me).

So I'm only just recently started putting many pictures on the walls of the condo.

I've put up a few at a time, to make sure it doesn't go over the "clutter limit" ... than I add a few more later.

The last area to be tackled is - I've wanted to put up photos in the hallway. But of necessity it will mean a lot of frames on the wall, and I just haven't wanted to deal with it, lest it end up driving me nuts when I'm done.

But I started tackling it last night. All the pictures I'm considering are spread out on the floor, and I'm starting to lay out all my garage sale frames, and cut mats to fit.

The project-clutter is annoying me, but I have high hopes that once they're on the wall, they'll be pleasant and not clutter-ish!

Got in a good walk with a lady from church last night, and had a swim later when the pool-crowd got cold and went home. :) Thursday was a stressful day at work (two dead printers, an unexpected power outage, and a generally busy building). It was neat - towards the end of the day, I found myself equally daydreaming about going out to eat (not an uncommon daydream at the end of a hectic day) and going to the gym and having a good workout. I took the latter option ... but it was nice to have it attractive, instead of forced!

Haven't been reading much - projects are pulling me away. Though I have been enjoying J.O. Fraser's biography - Behind the Ranges - at night before bed. He was an amazing man. He died in his early 30's, but accomplished so much for God.

Psst ... for Carol ... to add a link to your blog (at least in blogger) all you have to do is highlight the text you want to make into a link, then click the button on the toolbar that looks like a chain over a greenish-gray globe (fourth from left - bold, italic, text-color, then link). It will give you a place where you can type in the url. :) Easy as pie! If you have trouble, send me an e-mail, and I'll send you some pictures of how to do it.

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Umm...from edit mode, dashboard, or what???

Sorry...