Wednesday, April 12, 2006

home home home ...


'tis a very pleasant place to be. :) (Even if I DID wake up at 3:30 this morning).

Trip stories to follow:

  • Translation of the phrase: "yes, this bus is going to the Malpensa airport"
  • The interesting story of the baseball-and-apple-pie girl sitting beside me on yesterday's international flight
  • Translation of the phrase: "yes, I speak English, and can show you the sights of Venice"
  • Flight attendants: battle pay should be offered

And probably others ... but those I want to be sure and remember to write up for you. :)

Had a delightfully uneventful trip once I was aboard the plane home. My flight into Cleveland and Grand Rapids both arrived 20 minutes early. Good friends met me at the airport. And surprise visitors showed up to welcome me home after I popped out of the shower. (who fortunately chose to ignore the ratty bathrobe and luggage-strewn living room, and stayed for a pleasant little visit). Was asleep by 9:30, and enjoying the sound of rain outside the window.

Just one picture, since I can post them now. This is a view on the roof of the Duomo.

Trinka

1 comment:

Carol L said...

So, you didn't decide to marry a native and leave your homeland far behind after all. Well, then. Welcome back!!!