Friday, February 24, 2006

pondering some changes

I'm thinking of proposing that we change the church's office hours to 7:00-3:00. I was sitting there yesterday afternoon, in my late-afternoon trance, and it dawned on me that if I made that change, I'd be giving them more worthwhile time (when I'm awake and actually useful for something), as well as providing me an opportunity in the afternoon to work out and still be involved in others' lives. I hate the feeling that all my free time is being devoted solely to myself! We have staff meeting Tuesday, and I'm going to mull this one over through the weekend, and might bring it up then.

Last night, driving to Bible study out near the lake, I was heading into the most beautiful sunset. It's cloudy here so much during the winter, that I've gone a long time without seeing one ... and this was particularly colorful and fiery. It was such a treat to watch it all the way through!

And this morning, as I sit here at my desk, looking out through my sliding glass door, I hear (I kid you not) a robin singing. Really! We're due for a terribly cold weekend, but if the little fellow is willing to come north and suffer through it for the promise of spring, well, then, I guess spring must be coming. :) I can't see the little guy, but I hope to spy him when I go out to my car.

Got in a walk last night before Bible study ... studying, still not so good. Though I did read some last night before my head hit the pillow.

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

weren't there 22 questions?

Trinka said...

If so, go find me the other 4. :)