Sunday, February 19, 2006

a lovely day for a drive

Exercise has been happening (except for Wednesday & Friday - when people took precedence).

Reading ... not so good. Hoping to have some time in the Scriptures today.

Thursday, a big ice storm went through, followed by VERY cold temperatures. This means the trees were still glazed with ice. My mom invited me out for the afternoon yesterday (where I was attacked by banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ... ugh), and we drove down to see my grandmother.

The sun was shining like it only does on bitterly cold days, and the trees and brush were gleaming with ice-coating. It was a rare treat to spend time enjoying such beauty, while all warm and cozy in a heated car.

Did an incredibly frivolous thing Friday, and bought a Playstation and a game called "Eye Toy". It has a webcam that picks up your image and plops you into a game - where you swat at some things, kick other things, and duck out of the way of still more things. It was the best workout I've had in AGES. I'm horribly bad at it, so there should be enough challenge to keep me coming back for a while!

Trinka (who is VERY sore this morning)

1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

That sounds cool!!!
Did you rob a bank or something?
Tax Refund?
Can you spare some change for a writer with two kids to feed?