Wednesday, February 15, 2006

does the word "accident" mean anything?

Good grief ... media-types ... take a valium and have a nap!

There is no conspiracy. The poor man had a hunting accident. What. Exactly. Do you want in a press conference? What grand revelation is he supposed to make? "It was an accident. I didn't mean to shoot my friend." There. You've got the sum total of the story. Move on!

There are still people who want to blow us all up. Hostile countries are building nuclear weapons. Our tax dollars are still paying to provide laptop computers to sixth graders. There are bigger stories out there. (thank you for listening)

I didnt' go to jail (at least not yet). After 4 phone calls and 3 visits, I finally tracked down the manager, and paid my bill.

Got to the gym yesterday and lifted weights, and also did 15 minutes on the eliptical. Yeah me. :)

They've been talking "winter storm warning" all day today - it will be interesting to see what actually happens. Once everyone has gone out and bought excessive quantitites of canned goods, they usually cancel the warnings, and everyone is left to try & stack creamed corn neatly in their pantries!

Trinka

2 comments:

Clifford Jeffery said...

I am a little miffed that the VP can shoot a guy and go home after a brief interview with the police. If anyone else shoots someone on a hunting trip, they would probably spend at least one night in jail and probably face some probation. He wasn't even licensed. That is also a big No No. I agree though that our nation's best reports seem to be pretty thick. The TV ones are the worst.

Carol L said...

Poor fellow! When I heard the news all I could think was how he must feel.

So, yeah, let's all just hang him up by his hamstrings and rub it in a little bit more.

And I've known a lot of guys in my time who accidently shot their hunting buddies and didn't do jail time.

And you're welcome (for listening). There Are WAY bigger stories out there (and of the increase of His (Christ's) government there shall be no end...That's pretty huge news! And it will probably be hitting the news stands sooner than we think!).

Well done (all that fast running to avoid jail time)! Hey, I've an idea...Let's hold a press conference! Sorry...couldn't resist!

Hope you're stocked up!

Love you,
Carol :)