Thursday, December 22, 2005

what're you hungry for?

I was reading in Luke 1 this morning, specifically in Mary's song after she saw Elizabeth, and was thinking about the coming Messiah she was carrying.

v. 53 says, "He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away."

If we bring our hungers to Him ... He's ready to fill us with good things. But if we're too "rich" to need Him ... if we're satisfied with our own answers ... we'll go away empty.


GK Chesterton wrote, "Even when men knock on the door of a brothel they’re looking for God."

I want to remember that, whatever I'm hungry for -- He has the real answers!

Got to the gym Monday night. (And a man thought I was staff and asked me what time they closed ... how 'bout THEM apples? I actually looked like I belonged there. Still pondering on the amazing nature of THAT). :)

Last night no exercise happened because of prayer meeting.

Tonight, the university gym is closed for Christmas. But I'm using a "free week" coupon at the fitness center that just opened up around the corner.

This is the "you've got to sign your life away to join" gym ... (quote from a lawyer-friend who saw the contract sitting on my desk ... "of course, you don't intend to sign this, right?") so I'm not interested in becoming a member. But I'll certainly take advantage of the free week until the university opens again. :)

Trinka

No comments: