Monday, December 19, 2005

I tried to do the right thing!

Got up at 6:30 this morning (on my day off, thank you) and drove to the gym ... and it has weird holiday hours - doesn't open until 8:00. Like ... the day's half over by then! :)

Drove home again, and started in on my day. I hope to at least get in a walk later.

Also got to the library around 9:00, and they don't open 'till 10:00.

Whoever establishes business hours is obviously NOT a morning person. :)

Had the interesting cultural experience of watching the Today show this morning while drinking my coffee.

It's fascinating to get a glimpse of pop culture every now and then (from a safe distance). There were dozens of people who appeared to spend their whole morning standing outside the tv studio trying to get their pictures on television. Can you imagine? What would cause a person to wake up one morning, and say, "what I'd like to do today is stand around outside, wearing a funny hat, shrieking every time a camera is turned on."

Then, what was actually ON the program was also enlightening. There was a singer interviewed, and they made quite a big deal over him. Somebody-or-other Fox. He had a lovely voice, but the lyrics to this "wonderful song he wrote for the ladies" were ... well ... filthy.

All in all, my few minutes with the Today show this morning convinced me that I'm definately not missing anything by not watching it.

1 comment:

Clifford Jeffery said...

Not only that, but each morning these "news" shows have interviews with singers who talk about a recent album or actors who talk about their recently released movie. The funny part is, the parent company of the "news" show is almost always the same people who are making the singer's album or the actor's movie. Funny how that works.
Also, they have to recount the network's previous night's hit tv show.
It's great! It's newsertainment!
My secret word is "oowxi"