Thursday, May 19, 2005

titles are always the hardest part

So sometimes it just pays to skip them ...

Got a couple walks in yesterday and pilates after prayer meeting. yeah! Wednesdays are always the hardest.

Today I'm picking up my friend D's cat from the vet. (Her overbearing employer decreed at closing time last night that she has to stay until 7:00 tonight). Hunter's the sweetest (and most enormous) cat. I'm thankful she's having the vet put him in his box. I have never stuffed a cat into a box, but it sounds like a task that would demand that blood be spilled.

I was reading this morning in Genesis, and thinking about how the Lord honored two of Abraham's prayers, even though he prayed for the wrong thing, and in the wrong spirit. In Genesis 17:20, just after the Lord promises Abraham a son through Sarah, Abe laughs, and essentially says, "use Ishmael, OK?" Despite Abraham's unbelief, God still gives Ishamael a blessing, before reiterating, "I actually meant what I said, thankyou." (all paraphrases uninspired!) Then it happens again in ch. 18 when Abraham is negotiating in prayer for Sodom's deliverance. God wasn't going to spare the city, but He DID honor Abraham's request by pulling Lot & his family out (despite their reluctance!)

I've got to say ... every time it's mentioned that my tax dollars are buying laptop computers for 6th graders, I want to protest. So ... internet ... hear this. I do NOT want to buy laptops for sixth graders. And I intend to vote "no" on every millage proposed from now until the day I die as long as we're spending money in this ridiculous fashion. Thank you for listening.

OK ... got to get the bulletin typed. Though we're getting a lovely rain that makes curling up with a book and a pot of tea much more appealing.

Trinka

No comments: