Wednesday, May 18, 2005

gym-timidation

I was thinking ... the conversations at the gym (almost a year now!) have been quite pleasant - who would have thought? Nobody has yet slung anything heavy at my head and yelled "think fast". I like that.

I was reading last night in Gen. 16:7-13 -- Hagar had run away from Sarah's harsh treatment, and was in the wilderness, not knowing what to do. The Lord met with her, and told her she had to go back, and then that she was pregnant, and that her son was going to be a not-so-nice fellow. At the end of the conversation, Hagar called the Lord "the God who sees me." Even when His words are hard to hear, the fact that they're from Him, and that He's met with us, makes them sweet.

In addition to the gym last night, time afforded a bonus walk this morning. Nice way to start the day, but now work calls ... I'd best answer!

Trinka

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were going to a gym.
Kristen joined Curves a while back.
She's been going for about two weeks now.
I'm trying to diet and do some running.
My doc says I have high cholesterol and am on the road to diabetes.
What a drag it is to get older.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing. I mean, Hagar was the farthest thing from the plan of God to fulfill the promise of Abraham's seed, yet God honored her and upheld her when Sarah rejected her - twice!

Thanks for sharing that insight!

I added your blog to my blog list. Hope you don't mind.

Blessings on ya sis!

Love,
Carol :)

Anonymous said...

Gym is good.
Walk is good.
Live is good.
Enjoy.

Ultra Toast Mosha God said...

If Jesus rose from the dead, doesn't that make him a zombie? If so that means all zombies are not bad. Ergo zombie movies over the years have been mostly inacurate.

Trinka said...

Actually, the resurrection of Christ is an important factor -- one of the biggest proofs that He was (or was not) who He said.

A young law student set out to use the principles of evidence & law that he was learning in classes to disprove the resurrection of Jesus.

You might find the book interesting - it's called Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell.

Now zombies ... hmmm ... I'm afraid I don't know any good books on zombies. Any you'd recommend? I'd be especially interested in anything that talks about how people's lives have been changed for the better by their association with zombies. :)

Trinka