Wednesday, May 25, 2005

In the way

I was reading in Ge 24

And noticed verse 27 - And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master’s brethren.

This is in the midst of the story where Abraham's servant goes back to seek out a wife for Isaac, and the Lord leads him to Rebekah.

I know I'm stealing this thought from someone, but I can't remember who, so please give credit to "unknown" ...

I love the way that the wording of this in KJV allows for two different meanings. The servant was in the way (on the road ... in the right spot), so God led him. But then you could also read it, "I was in the way / stumbling around and getting in the way and the Lord led me". I know that's not the original meaning, but it IS fitting to my experience. How often am I stumbling around, and He just sticks me in exactly the spot where He wants to use me? I'm thankful for a God who can use me not only because I'm "in the way" (in the "right place at the right time" sense) but also despite me being "in the way" (in the "what a clutz" sense).

Got to the gym last night, and a quick walk before work this morning.

I planted a little tomato out on my patio last night ... he was looking pretty droopy this morning, but I hope he gets a second wind. It's such a delight to watch things grow!

Trinka

No comments: