Tuesday, May 24, 2005

running ... can you believe it?

I've started jogging for short stretches of my walk. It seems to keep it from getting boring, and if I don't go too far, I don't get that horrible pain-in-the-side I remember from Mr. Nixon's nightmare gym classes.

Yesterday, I passed an elderly lady who was also out walking, and she said, "it's so nice to be able to run." Oh ... my ... I guess I have something for which to be thankful in the physical-activity area. That's always good to remember. Pilates also got done last night.

I was finishing up last night reading the account of Abraham & Isaac. In vs. 11 & 12, the parallel switches, and you see the Lord Jesus in the ram, rather than Isaac.

  • Isaac begins to look more like us - with a substitute saving him/us from death at the hands of a Father who loves us and longs for another way.
  • The ram was caught by its horns, its strength was what trapped it. It was the Lord Jesus' love for us that led Him to His cross.
  • Thorns & thickets appeared on earth as a result of the curse. They're here because of Adam & Eve's sin ... and that's what ensnared the ram. Our sins were laid on Him.

OK - back to work for me. Got to get the bills paid, and hopefully do some work on D.'s project ... since I haven't touched it yet. (sorry friend!)

Trinka

No comments: