Monday, December 22, 2008

the weekend

I just returned from a lovely weekend in Florida. I met my brother, sister-in-law, and the adorable nieces down there, and we had some time with my dad, step mother, and her mother, at their place near Orlando.

We were able to watch the girls enjoy Disney on Sunday ... which was so neat. I can't imagine wanting to go to Disney as an adult ... but it was very enjoyable when you could watch little ones having a wonderful time!

I thought I'd post a picture of the girls enjoying the Florida sunshine (on Saturday), and one of what I came home to today. (Note the bobcat in the background clearing the snow out of the parking lot, so the plows would have room to work.) :)

I did have the pleasant and unique experience of being bumped up to first class for the flight home. I could become very accustomed to life up at the front! They had real meals, on real plates and silverware. The seats were comfy. It was quite nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sounding like quite the jet setter lately. Adorable nieces are exiting their toddler stage. They needed a bobcat to move snow to make room for the snowplows? This world we live in! I had to rewrite that second sentence 4 times so i wouldn't sound like an online predator or something!

Bob's Blog said...

I am glad you had a good, safe trip. Merry Christmas!