Wednesday, December 10, 2008

did my third noggin transplant last night

I was working on doing a video for the funeral home last night, and one of the pictures the family gave me to work with had a man's head cut out from another picture, and glued onto a body in the picture I was working on.

Unfortunately, it wasn't done particularly well, and was slightly too large.

So ... I did my best to try and make it look natural. I haven't had as much education in photo-shop as I wish I had! Head transplants are a little above my education level.

But it made me remember that I've actually performed two previous similar operations.

One of our missionaries had asked me to do a prayer card for them. They wanted a family picture printed out, with all their names on the picture. They have 8 children, so it's nice to have them identified.

Well ... in the best picture, one of their boys wasn't smiling. So I tried to take his head from another picture, and insert it into the good one.

I worked really hard at this. If I remember correctly, I think I was using Microsoft Paint, or something equally basic ... plus I had no experience or training in such matters.

But I worked and worked, and finally got it to look pretty good.

Showed it to them ...

and then discovered I had made one very crucial error early in the process ...

I chose the wrong boy's head to paste in. :)

That's right. They had two of the same son in the picture, and one boy missing altogether.

Oops.

Fortunately, I had gleaned enough experience that it went MUCH smoother the second time, when I put the RIGHT boy's head in the picture.

So ... three head transplants, and I don't even have a medical degree (or ... unfortunately, any training in Photoshop, though I would like to pursue some!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please, before my funeral. : )